A place to gather thoughts and ideas.

Monday, September 3, 2012

September challenge - Reduce my sugar intake

Well to be honest my goal was to eliminate added sugar from my diet, but since I´ve cheated now every day this month and since I don´t like to make promises I can not keep, I will go with reducing sugar. I know the biggest battle is in my mind and I´ve fought this one many times before. Ideally I don´t want to be fighting battles, it´s so negative and destructive but with the lack of routine during the summer months I´ve piled on the pounds and drastic measures are needed. I´m wondering how to do it the right way, I read a blog post some days ago and now I´ve forgotten where....but it was about reaching for the sweetness in life when craving sweetness in your mouth, these words stuck with me, I don´t know how effective they are when I loose my mind in search of sweetness and all is forgotten but since I´m experimenting with mediation I thought this would be a good mantra for the month.

4 comments:

  1. it's difficult I know...I've been trying to reduce my intake too. I hadn't thought about meditation but have been substituting with honey and maple syrup which are supposed to be much better for you than sugar. Also having on hand dried fruits like figs.

    Good luck with your challenge.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to make any big changes over the holiday time but it's amazing that once you reduce your sugar intake things seem so sweet that after a while you don't want them. What an interesting mantra regarding craving sweetness. Good luck with your goal.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also trying to cut out sugar from my diet. I've reduced it drastically but occasionally use Steviana. But yes, definitely changing the food I eat and the way I view it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats a really nice and interesting saying...going to try to brainwash myself with this...think I might even put it up on the kitchen board..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment.