A place to gather thoughts and ideas.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Stages of life

Just a little thought after reading "A gift from the sea". I remember twice in my life feeling sadness realizing that a certain stage in my life was finished and wouldn´t come back.
First time, I don´t remember how old I was, I had been playing with my sister some pretend-dolls-home-game( I remember how I could really get into the pretended world and how I would look forward to the next day when we could continue with the game.) when I realized that this would be the last time I could enjoy playing like that. I felt sadness my childhood was gone. I was entering a stage where all I could do was think and dream about boys and future adventures in far-away places.
The second time was when my husband asked me on our first date. When I hung up the phone I turned to my sister and said "this is probably the guy I will marry and have loads of kids with" and I felt sadness that the days of dreaming and wondering were gone. Now I had entered a stage of romance and later starting a family, making a home and a life together....
I don´t know if I´m still in that stage but I feel my interest changing....I find myself getting excited about growing greens, knitting, self exploration, healthy and delicious recipes, organizing, green lifestyle. I appreciate relaxation more than excitement. Am I getting old I ask myself. What surprises me the most is how much I´m enjoying my new stage, 20 years ago I would have found this BORING and horrid but now I´m looking forward to being a retired grandma with all the time in the world.

1 comment:

  1. lol...I remember that second moment and I remember what my reply was as well... strange how some moments are bigger than others...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment.