A place to gather thoughts and ideas.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Pay attention to what you pay attention to!

This really made me think the first time I heard it some years ago, it still does. It´s a thought I wanted to include on my blog because I´m finding that blogging is a great way to do that. To know oneself is more difficult than I thought, maybe because we are always changing. I´m constantly trying to read the people around me thinking I will be a better mother if I understand my children, better wife if I know my husbands every thought, a better friend if I can put myself in their shoes. I don´t know. I do know I would really like to get to know myself better.

1 comment:

  1. I think that is the key and that will affect all our relationships with others, I think the better we know ourselves the more we can give to others and ourselves. It goes hand in hand with one of my favourite quotes by Rumi "Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment.