A place to gather thoughts and ideas.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Everything is as it should be

Yet again I am borrowing my sisters wise words . What a relieving thought. Just think for a second that everything is just the way it was meant to be. All to often I find myself wound up trying to change my situation or myself or the people around me. Mostly I try to change my husband, maybe because I feel responsible for choosing him as my partner, family is just there....you can not get a new sister and you don´t pick out your mother. Your partner is the only family member you choose. I realize now I´ve been putting to much pressure on him to be perfect to justify my decision. Maybe there is a reason I´m realizing this now - not sooner or later. I feel a weight lifted off my shoulders. I can apply this thought to so many areas of my life and feel my stress fade away.

Don´t get me wrong....life will go on and I´m not of to la la land.

Maybe the key is in this quote that has helped millions:
"Mother—God grant me the serenity to accept things I cannot change, courage to change things I can, and wisdom to know the difference."

1 comment:

  1. I love how a slight change in perspective can have so much impact on how we feel...just shows how much our thoughts affect us. situation is the same but we live it completly different...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment.