A place to gather thoughts and ideas.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Sugar

There seems to be one thing that all health experts agree on "white sugar is bad for you" it is probably our number one enemy today. I was brought up eating cakes and sweet things in the afternoon. I crave my carbohydrates constantly but I´m very proud of one change I´ve made recently. In the afternoon when my girls come home from school I usually make a healthy smoothy for me and my husband and cut down fruits and vegetables for my girls. It really makes me feel good and more energetic for the rest of the day, some days I cheat but really I´m realizing I´m just cheating myself of feeling great. I already have "eliminating sugar" on my to-do list but now.....thanks to my sister I´ve found a plan how to do so in 7 easy steps. I don´t know if it will work but it looks like it´s worth a try.

2 comments:

  1. I think that is such a great habit for you to start with your family and for your girls to grow up with. My biggest challenge is the breakfast, I want to start some good breakfast habits...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to add some protein to my breakfast according to the 7 steps, we usually have oatmeal porridge so I guess it would be easy enough to add some protein powder to the mix. On the link you can find loads of other breakfast ideas...and you can always try my chocolaty granola.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment.