A place to gather thoughts and ideas.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Parenting

Last night after I had read a bed-time story for my girls I told them that we were going to start a new habit, I told them that every night before going to sleep we should think about at least one thing that we are grateful for. I asked them to name one thing that came to mind. Here are some of the things they mentioned because they really couldn´t stop at one:

Having a family
Having a great mom
Having each other
Having their little brother
Having hospitals so we can live longer
Going to hospital
Being able to do exercises

Then they were excited about the next day and what that day would bring to be grateful for. They really had me in tears.....what a wonderful way to create a special moment with your children and get to know what they are thinking of, what a wonderful way to start a meaningful conversation with your children........all to often I ask them what´s wrong when they are upset or angry...so much better to ask them what´s right. Obviously family is very important to them maybe sometimes we underestimate just how important we are to our children, with our busy lives of running in circles. I´m grateful for my new-born who has giving me a chance to take a step back and reconnect with who I am and what I want to do with my life. I always wanted to be a stay-at-home-mom but soon found out that wasn´t really an excepted career choice. My sister told me about this book "Radical homemakers" I have to read. It looks like it´s everything I wanted to say but didn´t know how.

1 comment:

  1. ahh how sweet, funny that they focused on family and health...(I can see you tearing up)...Im going to ask mine tonight when they are calm in bed and see what they come up with...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment.